1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Two Hens & Two Rosters - Need a new home - Torrance, CA.

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ShowALeg, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ShowALeg

ShowALeg Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I live in Torrance, CA. approx. 30mins south of Los Angeles. Unfortunately the city laws have changed and I can no longer have the number of chickens that I have now so I looking for homes for two of my Hens. The Wyandotte is 1yr and the other is 1yr 6mos.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also have two young roosters about 4-5mos old - The boys are starting to crow and I'm afraid its just time for them to leave. We don't want the neighbors to start complaining.

The are all gentle and have a good temperament. They've been roaming free in the backyard up till now and would be happier if the can continue to do so.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you are interested let me know - I won't ship - so local pick up only.

2. jwiens

jwiens Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    Im interested. Im building a coop now and it should be ready in 2 weeks or so. I live in Old Torrance.

Send me a PM if you are open to giving me your Hens. I am also curious what the new laws in Torrance are. I have searched and found nothing definitive.

Jordan

3. ShowALeg

ShowALeg Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I was told the following for the City of Torrance:

It is unlawful and a public nuisance - Keeping or maintaining more than three (3) small animals of any one kind except with a Special Permit from the Director of Building and Safety

There are also codes on noise and odor.

4. jwiens

jwiens Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    thanks for the info. I was planning on only having 2 chickens, so I think i should be ok.

ill stay in touch

5. ShowALeg

ShowALeg Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Found someone who will take all of them - They are going to their new home today.

Thanks for the interest.

6. TheNuttyChick

TheNuttyChick Songster

May 20, 2012
    CT
    Glad you found a good home for them :)

7. tamlynn

tamlynn Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Hi,

I received this message about the next Torrance meeting and I hope many people can be there:

From the LA Urban Chicken Enthusiasts group:

Thursday, October 3, 2013

7:00 PM

Torrance City Hall, West Annex Building

3031 Torrance Blvd, Torrance CA, Los Angeles, ca(map)

This building is to the left of the main City Hall council chambers

I just got a great message from Sherry that Torrance is moving forward with
    Chicken and Bee legalization. The next step is to present information to the
    commissioners. Here is her message.

"Roberta, may I request a post for LAUCE members to attend the City of Torrance
    Environmental Commission meeting? They are bringing the item before the
    commissioners re: bees & chickens on October 3, 2013 @ 7:00 PM, West Annex
    meeting room, Torrance. A Commission worker strongly urged me to "pass the word
    along to all those interested" & said she would appreciate it! I recommend
    anyone in cities who still do not allow chickens to please attend. A "yes"
    decision could be a boon to other towns."

Please come if you would like to help!

8. ShowALeg

ShowALeg Hatching

Sep 14, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Excellent, I'll be there!

Thank you for letting me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: