Two little guys didn’t hatch yet and it’s the end of day 28, they didn’t even make a hole.

NewDuckyMom16

In the Brooder
May 27, 2020
Hi! Our first duck hatched fine, it was a different breed than our two pekins (it was black). Anyway the black hatched today, yesterday evening he made the hole, and today he broke through, but the other two haven’t even made the first hole yet, it is day 28... I’m not sure if I should be worried or wait until tomorrow night to worry...? I guess I’m a little impatient but I know they can die towards the end of the process. Do I have anything to worry about?

Hi, welcome to BYC!

Do you know the breed of these eggs? Have you tried candling the eggs for an internal pip?

The breed of the two ducks are pekin, and I did candle the eggs to see what was happening, it was really hard to tell what was going on but I did see a bit of movement in each after a while.

This is the sweating it out part. Do you see movement and hear peeping ? Day 28 is only a guideline . Our hatch last week was 5 ducklings hatching in about 30 hours from first to last.

This is the sweating it out part. Do you see movement and hear peeping ? Day 28 is only a guideline . Our hatch last week was 5 ducklings hatching in about 30 hours from first to last.

There was very little movement but I saw a little, every now and then someone says they hear peeping but I’ve never herd it myself

Back
Top Bottom