Two Males

laturcotte1

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
I have 3 barred rock hens, 1 barred rock rooster and 2 guinea fowl. I love them all and they are a continuous stream of entertainment and joy. Up until now they have all gotten along well. The GF chase each other constantly, a male thing, but one recently started chasing and pulling the tail feathers of one hen in particular of course the smaller of all. At one time the rooster would make the GF's stop chasing each other but now he doesn't bother but he also doesn't bother stopping the GFs from harrassing his hen. I am now worried about winter, if I have to coop them up for any period of time because of the weather things might turn ugly. I have tried giving these guys away but no one is interested, too loud, not friendly, boys. The boys, however, believe they are chickens it will be impossible to separate them from the flock on my property without confining them for the rest of their lives. If anyone in the Monson, MA area is interested in taking two very nice, a little coo coo, Guinea Foul...

Back
Top Bottom