Two new chicks, problems in both...

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
I have two chicks that hatched out yesterday and this morning. One of them has some kind of neuro issue going on I think; when it tries to walk it constantly falls over to the left and lands on it's back where it slightly struggles to get up but then gives up and lays there until I flip him over again.
That one hatched last night. The one that hatched this morning has something going on with it's legs, they do not extend all the way and are very stiff. This chick always looks "flat" out on the ground and just kinda scuttles along the floor of my bator...
Has anyone ever had these issues? Do these guys have any chance of recovery?

Aww poor babies, I have not heard of this so I have no practical advice , but I am shure someone will.
On a side note though just rember there is always a chance they can get better so dont be to quick to cull.

One of my chicks was falling flat on its back, and it had curled toes!! I put on a boot and kept helping her flip back over and now she is a firecracker!! I had to put paper towels in the brooder instead of shavings, but she is great now!
big_smile.png

I have had some with the tipsy issue and they grew out of it but with the foot issue I have never had a chic grow out of that

Back
Top Bottom