two questions about button quail

"Bugs" feet are straightening out thank goodness - they are not totally uncurled but definately better than yesterday. He seems fine in the brooder by himself and in the evening I have two 2 week old chicks that go in the same room and he can see them so that seems to help. Unfortunately they are outside during the day. I believe in sunshine and fresh air for chicks if the weather cooperates
smile.png

All I could find around here so far is gamebird maintanence and then some meatbird gower. I got the meatbird for now because it had a higher percentage and was recommended for pheasants. My "other" feed store isn't open on weekends and holidays, so I will check there tomorrow for actual grower.

I'm not sure how much he is eating, when I check on him it looks like he has been running through the food lid at 100mph.

He is definately flighty already.

Well apparently I'm doing something right. He is still alive and has grown quite a bit! I'm hoping he will slow down some soon. I get nervous trying to pick him up - afraid I'll squish him.

Oh and his toes have pretty much straightened out all the way from what I can see - he is always running so they are a blur.

I'm a big believer in a variety for them too.
I've always offed seed to my quail.

At what age is it safe to start feeding seeds? I had adult quail in the past, now I have chicks for the first time.

Quote:
It's great he's doing so well!
celebrate.gif

They are fast little stinkers! and like you i'm so afraid I'll squish them.
ep.gif
They are a world of difference from our Jumbo Coturnix!

Back
Top Bottom