Two questions

I have four that are hatched and strong and drying nicely. The fifth has not pipped yet. They are all in the incubater of course still. When they are dry (last one hatched about an hour ago) if I still don't have a pip in the fifth, I have the eco brooder on in their box and warming the place up as well as their water is in there coming to warmer temp for them.

Question: I bought two things and I am not sure which to use for food. I will get on here a read but it has been busy. I bought Mannapro organic crumbles and then read where they should have medicated chick feed so I bought the Manna pro chick starter medicated. Should i use one or the other or mix the two? As I looked things up before I found your board I got mixed answers

I also bought Manna pro chick grit. do you introduce that right away and if so how do you feed them the grit? on the floor of the brooder or mixed with the food? I will wait to hear the answes from the professionals. These chicks are loking amazing.

I have four that are hatched and strong and drying nicely. The fifth has not pipped yet. They are all in the incubater of course still. When they are dry (last one hatched about an hour ago) if I still don't have a pip in the fifth, I have the eco brooder on in their box and warming the place up as well as their water is in there coming to warmer temp for them.

Question: I bought two things and I am not sure which to use for food. I will get on here a read but it has been busy. I bought Mannapro organic crumbles and then read where they should have medicated chick feed so I bought the Manna pro chick starter medicated. Should i use one or the other or mix the two? As I looked things up before I found your board I got mixed answers

I also bought Manna pro chick grit. do you introduce that right away and if so how do you feed them the grit? on the floor of the brooder or mixed with the food? I will wait to hear the answes from the professionals. These chicks are loking amazing.
Medicated... and I don't think you should give grit until they're a couple of weeks old... at least that's what the directions on my chick grit specifies.

cocci is everywhere, I use medicated
+1.

I will give the poor last egg time and follow procedure. I asked questions then I go look it up on here I am sorry, I am silly but seeing the response really helps. I don't want to take any chances so medicated it is.
Also do you portion food out or allow them to eat as they please?
i know I should intro them to water first. and have had it in the brooder all day getting room temp or even warmer from the brooder. I also put some clean marbles in the dishes bottom as to prevent drowing.
All are dry and puffy and clean so I will be transferring to brooder now. Oh boy. They are the most precious things I have ever seen.

I  will give the poor last egg time and follow procedure.  I asked questions then I go look it up on here I am sorry,  I am silly but seeing the response really helps.  I don't want to take any chances so medicated it is.
Also do you portion food out or allow them to eat as they please?
i know I should intro them to water first. and have had it in the brooder all day getting room temp or even warmer from the brooder.  I also put some clean marbles in the dishes bottom as to prevent drowing.
All are dry and puffy and clean so I will be transferring to brooder now.  Oh boy.  They are the most precious things I have ever seen. 
Looks like you've got it covered. I was going to suggest marbles or a quail waterer. I learned the hard way. That won't happen again. Don't forget pics :weee.

Thanks so much again. I would love to post pics. Not sure how on here. Can you transfer from facebook somehow? I am absolutely exhausted from these last two days. It is like I gave birth. LOL. The stress geeze. It is my own fault, I take so seriously but we are in love.

We want to hold them but we only transferred to the brooder. I looked it up and can't find anything specific but I believe I read that they shouldn't be held the first day. We won't hold all day but plan to handle them a few times a day as to make them friendly.

Back
Top Bottom