TWO roosters!*gasp*

coltsrox

Songster
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Maggie Valley, NC
ALright so i got 2 new chicks and i beliueve their either 4-weeks,can't tell anyways i was told one was a pullet and one boy.. but then i figured out the person i asked got that info FROM A 5yr.old! anyways so i was scared we they were right cause i want my rooster to be good and not mean but now they BOTH have something growing on their beaks! hens doin't have anything there do they? it look like combs are growing on their beaks, is this true?

Haha
smile.png
I know you are probably dissappointed but I have to laugh a lil b/c the same thing happened to me..cept it was a man that told me 70% of his hens were having hens and I got 3 chickens and 2 of them appear to be roosters! So now Ive got to add on to my coop. I think hens do but I think it is smaller or located somewhere else on the head. I am new to this chicken thing but I have learned a lot on here. I havent gotten all the details on the comb deal with the different breeds and different genders. Im still working on gettin my pics on here. I need to know exactly what breed mine are. Good luck!

Like MissPrissy suggested, show us a photo! My RIR's all have combs on their beaks. The roos combs are getting larger and orange. My pullets combs do not seem to be growing and are staying a pale color. Hope that helps answer your question. If you post a photo you might have better luck getting a more positive answer.

Thank yall for your heloo, I will try but they are so camera shy and can't get a good pic of it but its right on the beak starting from the top working its way down, i thought it was a flap of skin at first but then it look like a little zigzag in the air... but i will try thanx! i hope their both the same gender cause i don't wanna expand my flock!

I have a few hens that have something like that on their beaks. It's remained small and unpronounced. I'm not sure what breed my hens are, most of them are mutts(if that term can be applied to chickens.)

so theres a chance they could be hens still? i have such mixed emotions i want them to be really tame but i want my eggs anyways so here i took some pics but there TERRIBLY camera shy and i took it with my poor quality phone so these have to be the worst pic EVER! But i can't get good close ones so i thought it's worth a shot.

www.xanga.com/thouroughbred101

if yall don't wanna use the link tell me how to put a pic on!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom