Two Weeks Old

classroomducks

Songster
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
3 of my babies turned 2 weeks old today, the other 5 will do so over the next 3 days. We celebrated outside with our first taste of bananas floated in the water (LOVED them) and a new swimming pool! We were given a blue plastic kiddie pool by one of the other teachers. Before they were swimming in a 4 inch deep wrapping paper rubber maid. They were really diving today. I didnt get my camera til after we got out of the water but it was still great. The best wrap up was walking my babies through the courtyard down one hall and up the other. It took a little herding and coaxing, but all 8 babies made it back to the classroom by their own foot power. Im going to have to take a video of it next week. It was great! Students were watching, teachers were coming out of the rooms to see my little ducky parade. It was awesome.

Look at my own little flock!

41516_august_24-sept_18_285.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_299.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_313.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_317.jpg

41516_august_24-sept_18_321.jpg

This is my little mama. She is constantly making sure all the ducks are ok and where they are supposed to be.
41516_august_24-sept_18_314.jpg

Oh! And we finally named them.

Our mallards are Punkin (the only one hatched on Halloween) and Tubby

And our pekins are Mr. Drysdale (after our Asst Principal), Sport, Pink, Mailey, Ray, and Shrek.

Enjoy.

How did you get them to eat bananas?!

My three are a month old on the 15th and I cannot get them to eat any new foods. They are completely terrified of everything. Today it took me an hour convincing them that the monster in the bottom of the mud puddle was all in their imagination.

Back
Top Bottom