Two weeks outside and doing great!

csaylorchickens

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2015
California
My Coop
My Coop
I put my girls outside at four weeks old because they were goin crazy in their crate in the garage. I have four golden comets. At frat they were skiddish and using the ecoglow 20 a lot. They are 6 weeks as of Friday. I went to check I them and they are all happy huddled together on the roosting bar sleeping nicely! They love their coop ad their roosting bars. I'm happy they transitioned well. I still have the ecoglow in there just incase. I was thinking I can completely remove it in the next two weeks. Just happy they are doing great, growing fast, and seem like happy chickens! They aren't the friendliest cuddle bugs, but they are pretty good.

Awesome to hear! We are getting our first real baby chicks mid June - so exited! Tell me, what's the secret to success!!;D

Omg there is so much information, enough to drive you nuts! This website has helped me soooooooo much. I researched chicks and chickens for three months before getting them.

I recommend getting ecoglow 20 vs a heat lamp. The chicks seemed so much more happy with that and it's more lik a mama hen. Saves on electric bill too( my bill didn't go up at all with ecoglow!)
Also electrolyte repleacent in the water for the first week as well, also helps prevent pasty butt (their vents can get clogged and plugged and that can kill them! So make sure you check their bottoms a few times a day for the first two weeks)
Also if the chicks didn't get the coccidiosis vaccine I recommend medicated chick feed, it is one less thing to worry about, the chicks getting a parasite no bueno!

And that's about it! Have fun with your chicks!

Thanks so much! I have been drowning in Internet info and I love hearing it from the horses mouth so to speak!

Back
Top Bottom