1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tylan 50 injectable dosage question

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kadu, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Kadu

Kadu Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Fayetteville, AR
    Since poultry antibiotics are no longer available, I need to find an alternate solution to D-10. I keep an antibiotic handy and have saved many chickens with it when I knew they would have died.
    I bought Tylan 50 for cattle and swine. I found dosage instructions, it's 1/2 cc for standard and 1/4 cc bantam orally. But I don't know if these instructions are for the product I bought, the thread only says Tylan 50 and that could be a poultry Tylan 50 and not the one I bought. I tried to upload a picture of the one I bought and I want to know if this can be used for poultry.

FYI- I don't misuse antibiotics, I just give it to chickens when needed, as a last resort, when I know they won't survive the night. Don't want to let them die... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    As far as I know, Tylan 50 sold for cattle is the same as the Tylan 50 commonly used for chickens. The dosages you found are correct.

You can give the Tylan orally, but it works faster if it is injected.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by