Tylan 50 !!!!!!!!

ericchris

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 14, 2012
pennsylvania
I have called around to all the feed mills that i could about Tylan 50 but no one carrys it but the Question is , is there anything else i can use for sinusitis in a turkey besides Tylan 50 because i really need to know what else i can use to help my turkeys .
Please and Thank you

I have called around to all the feed mills that i could about Tylan 50 but no one carrys it but the Question is , is there anything else i can use for sinusitis in a turkey besides Tylan 50 because i really need to know what else i can use to help my turkeys .
Please and Thank you

you can try baytrill or you can use oxine injection which you can inject in the sinus area just below the eye

you can try baytrill or you can use oxine injection which you can inject in the sinus area just below the eye
Baytril is what I would use in mine, but it's been banned for use in poultry and my vet made me promise never to eat anything that I gave Baytril to. Read this:

Dangers for Eggs & Meat

One study found that eggs and meat cleared of Baytril just 5 days after chickens stopped receiving the medicine, but other studies haven't always concurred, and no official withdrawal time is listed in the U.S.

There are other serious concerns that have caused Baytril to be banned in the US from use in poultry used for eggs or meat.
  • When exposed to Baytril, Campylobacter bacteria may become resistant to Cipro, a primary medicine used for treating people infected with food poisoning or urinary tract infections. If this bacteria is in a chicken and is not killed during cooking of eggs or meat from a chicken that EVER took Baytril, a person eating the food might not be able to be treated successfully with Cipro.
Where to buy Baytril

Poultry: Pet supply and vet medicine stores & online retailers sell Baytril. However, it is illegal in the US to sell Baytril for "egg or meat-producing birds", because of possible risks to people, & most online sellers would require a vet's prescription to be able to sell you Baytril labeled for use in poultry. Some vets will sell Baytril directly to you if they determine it would be advisable for your bird.

Other birds: Prescriptions are not required for small pet birds. A search online for "Baytril birds" will list some retailers of supplies for small pet birds, and these sellers may not need prescriptions.
More Resources

FDA information on Baytril

Soure: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart/baytril-for-birds

Baytril is what I would use in mine, but it's been banned for use in poultry and my vet made me promise never to eat anything that I gave Baytril to. Read this:

Dangers for Eggs & Meat

One study found that eggs and meat cleared of Baytril just 5 days after chickens stopped receiving the medicine, but other studies haven't always concurred, and no official withdrawal time is listed in the U.S.

There are other serious concerns that have caused Baytril to be banned in the US from use in poultry used for eggs or meat.
  • When exposed to Baytril, Campylobacter bacteria may become resistant to Cipro, a primary medicine used for treating people infected with food poisoning or urinary tract infections. If this bacteria is in a chicken and is not killed during cooking of eggs or meat from a chicken that EVER took Baytril, a person eating the food might not be able to be treated successfully with Cipro.
Where to buy Baytril

Poultry: Pet supply and vet medicine stores & online retailers sell Baytril. However, it is illegal in the US to sell Baytril for "egg or meat-producing birds", because of possible risks to people, & most online sellers would require a vet's prescription to be able to sell you Baytril labeled for use in poultry. Some vets will sell Baytril directly to you if they determine it would be advisable for your bird.

Other birds: Prescriptions are not required for small pet birds. A search online for "Baytril birds" will list some retailers of supplies for small pet birds, and these sellers may not need prescriptions.
More Resources

FDA information on Baytril

Soure: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart/baytril-for-birds

OK interesting facts, It will then be fine to use baytrill on pet animals I think or try the oxine product maybe LA 120 Or La 200 I only use tylo 200 and gave one shot of LA 120 inside the sinus which is infected, that helps

OK interesting facts, It will then be fine to use baytrill on pet animals I think or try the oxine product maybe LA 120 Or La 200 I only use tylo 200 and gave one shot of LA 120 inside the sinus which is infected, that helps

I believe so... Personally, I will continue to use it, but I won't sell an animal to someone if it's had Baytril or Metronidazole. Both Baytril and Metronidazole have been banned here in the states for similar reasons. The pig/hog industry abused metronidazole and the poultry industry did the same with Baytril. Too bad, really.

I believe so... Personally, I will continue to use it, but I won't sell an animal to someone if it's had Baytril or Metronidazole. Both Baytril and Metronidazole have been banned here in the states for similar reasons. The pig/hog industry abused metronidazole and the poultry industry did the same with Baytril. Too bad, really.
luckly this products is still availeble down here but i know a type of metronidazole is also bannes here can t remember which one...

Back
Top Bottom