Tylosin powder dosage yogurt instead of water

You would need to order the Amoxicillin. Dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days.

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collect...-equivalent-aqua-amoxicillin-250-mg-100-count
Thank you. Would opening up the capsule and dividing in half by looks be sufficient (in half, then half again) or is there a better way? the lowest my scale goes is a gram
Also I have chlorhexidine solution, do u know if it would be appropriate to spray on the injection site? Or maybe vetericyn plus be better? Or what would you use?

thank you again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 1
Thank you. Would opening up the capsule and dividing in half by looks be sufficient (in half, then half again) or is there a better way? the lowest my scale goes is a gram
Also I have chlorhexidine solution, do u know if it would be appropriate to spray on the injection site? Or maybe vetericyn plus be better? Or what would you use?

thank you again!
How much does she weigh?

I would use the Chlorhexidine for the injection site. Swab the skin really well with it.

How much does she weigh?

I would use the Chlorhexidine for the injection site. Swab the skin really well with it.
She weighs a little over 2 lbs. - 1035 g
ok, I’ll spray and swab. do u think its odd that shes still draining? I did the procedure 5/15 late afternoon. Its not dripping off like initially, but wet enough I can blot it several times during the day. Seems like its gone way down. Her friends just noticed, so shes free ranging and sleeping w them, but not going in the run during the day.
Shes acting normal, seems much more comfortable, eating again, running around. I think its probably a reproductive issue, she hasn’t layed yet (after winter-Shes two), but keeps trying every few days.
Thank you so much!

She weighs a little over 2 lbs. - 1035 g
1035g = 2.28lb, so I would go with 2.28lb X 57mg = 125.4
So for ease of measuring I'd give her a dose of 125mg Amoxicillin twice a day for 7-10 days.

If you have 250mg capsules that will be easy to do. Dump the powder out of the capsule and mix well with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Divide the coconut oil mixture into 2 equal parts. Form into a ball or pill shape, place them in the freezer or fridge to harden.
There are your "pills" for the day. Does that make sense?

She's been dripping for 3 days? Normally they don't drip that long but if she's acting o.k. and in the injection site looks o.k. I don't think there's a lot that you can do. Hopefully it will slow down. Just swab the area with the Chlorhexidine a couple of times a day so you can keep watch on the skin and make sure flies are not getting on there.

Amoxicillin. Dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days.

So for ease of measuring I'd give her a dose of 125mg Amoxicillin twice a day for 7-10 days.

If you have 250mg capsules that will be easy to do. Dump the powder out of the capsule and mix well with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Divide the coconut oil mixture into 2 equal parts. Form into a ball or pill shape, place them in the freezer or fridge to harden.

She's been dripping for 3 days? Normally they don't drip that long but if she's acting o.k. and in the injection site looks o.k. I don't think there's a lot that you can do. Hopefully it will slow down. Just swab the area with the Chlorhexidine a couple of times a day so you can keep watch on the skin and make sure flies are not getting on there.
Thank you again for your help. I bought the amoxicillin, but didn’t end up using it. She looked ok. Seems great now, just laid her first egg this year 😁and is finally eating well. Been keeping a close eye on her tummy, seems good still, giving her 1/4 teaspoon of chance piedra (bhumi amalki - phyllanthus miruri) powder every other day alternating with kicken chicken.
Researching longterm intake on both now.

Is there a reason you chose coconut oil in particular? Could I use her regular food and make a ball the same way? Thank you for your time!

Back
Top Bottom