type /gender

jab2you

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 21, 2013
Anahuac Texas

What are these?

Back (rooster) is a mix. Hen probably is too, maybe with Ameraucana or Sumatra.

Last edited:
The one in back is a mixed breed rooster. The one in front is a raven (just kidding although Edgar Allen Poe might not know the difference). :eek:) The black one in front is a mixed breed pullet.

The black hen in front is a good quality Ameraucana pullet. Show quality. Most people do not know what a good quality Ameraucana bird looks like. I show Ameracuana's and do exceptionally well with them in the show ring. My last show I had a female up on Champion Row. Your bird is beautiful. Great leg color, nice wide body, good head with beautiful curves. Healthy sheen to feathers with good feather quality.

The male in back is NOT a cross breed. That bird is a young male Gold laced Orpington with poor lacing. He is a cull because of his lacing, but at 16 months old he is going to be huge and a beautiful bird. The bird pictured below is a gold laced male about the same age.

This is what they look like at 18 months old

The black hen in front is a good quality Ameraucana pullet. Show quality. Most people do not know what a good quality Ameraucana bird looks like. I show Ameracuana's and do exceptionally well with them in the show ring. My last show I had a female up on Champion Row. Your bird is beautiful. Great leg color, nice wide body, good head with beautiful curves. Healthy sheen to feathers with good feather quality.

The male in back is NOT a cross breed. That bird is a young male Gold laced Orpington with poor lacing. He is a cull because of his lacing, but at 16 months old he is going to be huge and a beautiful bird. The bird pictured below is a gold laced male about the same age.
I'm honestly wondering if we're looking at the same pictures, as I'm not at all seeing this in those birds. Granted, maybe better pics would help. So would knowing whatever the OP knows about their background. So far, I'm in the mixed breed birds camp, male and female.

Last edited:
I'm honestly wondering if we're looking at the same pictures, as I'm not at all seeing this in those birds. Granted, maybe better pics would help. So would knowing whatever the OP knows about their background. So far, I'm in the mixed breed birds camp, male and female. 

x2

Back
Top Bottom