Type of feed for 5 month old ducks

WhyNotDucks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
I live in Northeast Ohio where it has been rather cool lately. My 7 ducks (2 Welsh Harlequins, 2 Cayugas, 2 Blue Swedes, and 1 Buff Orpington) currently are on Purina duck grower feed. They have been exhibiting the maturing/dominance behavior for at least a month now, but I'm not sure if they will lay eggs yet this year. That is why I am not sure what to feed them. Since the daylight is diminishing, and I don't want to use artificial light, should I continue to feed them duck grower and have oyster shell on the side just in case? Or should I get Purina duck breeder or Layena to feed to them? Thanks for any input.

Mine are eating feed for laying, but I will probably switch on my next bag, since they no longer lay. I used Purina Flock Raiser in the past. I also give them scratch grains. I have not had ducks that lay over the winter, so I've just gone with the Flock Raiser.

I don't use layers here i have to many ages and to many drakes. I feed grower and whole corn and scratch that is almost 11% protein... i keep these all separate and do a buffet style diet the birds choose what they need and when... they also all free range.... and continue to do so till the winter snow stops them.

I keep oyster shell free choice... for my ladies.

Back
Top Bottom