Types of bedding?

MyMiniFarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 22, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm going to be building a coop for my 6 Belgian D'anvers! They're currently in extra large dog crates in the garage because we've had a few cases on AI around us so we're not letting our birds out, just in case. But there hasn't been a reported case since the beginning of December, so according to the news it's probably over but keep I'm keeping my birds in for at least another 2 weeks. Anyway there's going to be a pen (well actually it's a sea-do crate but they are fantastic chicken coops!) that's 11' 5" by 4' 7" and a henhouse that's raised about 2 1/2 feet off the ground and it's 4x4x4. The pen will have hardware cloth on the bottom follow by a thin layer of dirt, then crusher dust, then sand. But I have no idea what to put in the house and nest boxes. Where I live it gets a high of 30 c in the summer and in the winter (now) it rains quite bit and gets a high of around 8. So it will need to be warm and easy to clean. I would be happy to mix and match beddings too. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom