UGH - I did something STUPID.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TarheelBirdy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Set a bunch of chicken eggs in the incubator. A day later had to remove the turner so that I could remove some of the water in the tray (humidity way too high). Fixed the problem, put the turner back in the bator. FORGOT TO PLUG THE TURNER BACK IN. So my eggs have gone three days without turning. [​IMG]

2. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    Don't beat yourself up, I think they will be fine..........................................Did you get the turner back on?

3. brijay2

brijay2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Waddell AZ
    I did something even more stupid!! I have three eggs that made it to 18 days and were moving in the eggs, then no movement for the last two days and no pipping, vessels still seen but no movement. I usually increase the humidity and don't touch once I see a pip. So I decided to open an egg. I broke the top of the egg and slowly opened it and could see vessels and everything looked fine. I put a wet paper towel on it (no movement though). I opened another and vessels still there and movement in side the egg, another paper towel and decided not to touch the third egg. So I know the humidity is up in the incubator and no pips in the other egg, no peeping either and it is day 20. I have to sit on my hands, but now I am afraid I killed the two. No bleeding when I opened the eggs and no internal pips so fingers crossed. Somebody please tell me I am not a murderer!!!!!

4. brijay2

brijay2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Waddell AZ
    p.s. I am hoping my story makes your mistake look angelic!!! :)

5. TarheelBirdy

Yes, I plugged it right in as soon as I realized what had happened.

6. TarheelBirdy

Good news, and this is good info for all.....is that all 9 of the Swedish Flower Hen eggs are developing normally. Gabbard Farm's Silver Sebright and Gold Sebright eggs = no development at all, and today is day 9. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by