Ugh... whole flock missing

duckboatprincess

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Grand Blanc, MI
I just need to post this. I'm so bummed! I went to work yesterday at three and the DF was home. He went to let the ducks in before he left to help a friend move some stuff. They weren't up by then pen, so he assumed they were in the pond which isn't unusual. When he got home, they still weren't there (7 pm). He went out to the pond to check on them and they weren't in the pond. After he searched, I got home from work (10 pm) and looked again... no ducks. At this point, no one has returned. We've has some coyote problems lately, but usually, they only get one duck if they get any and the ducks have been coming home early from the pond. I don't know where they're at or if they're even alive at this point. I feel so bad and I'm sad. I loved those little guys! I'm down to my two pekin ducklings now.

Sorry for the longish post, but I just needed to get it out.

Poor babies!!
hit.gif
That's terrible!!!
hugs.gif

Maybe, maybe they are OK somewhere!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I'm hoping. I was supposed to go out to MJ's sometime this week to get a new drake too! I'm so bummed. I just hope that they're laying low somewhere in some tall grass. My last three adults and of course... all of my favorites! It never fails that the ones that I like the most are the ones the coyotes think are the tastiest.

Awwww--I'm so sorry to hear about that. It is possible they got a good scare and at least some of them are hiding out somewhere. When a fox pushed through a gap in my fence two years ago and demolished my entire flock in one go (carnage everywhere--it was awful), we looked everywhere for survivors, hoping against hope that some were hiding, but no luck. Two days later, one little survivor showed up at the back door--we were floored. Where had she been? We still don't know, but she was one very loved and cherished duckie after that.

Since they have a pond to escape to, it seems unlikely that they would all have disappeared. It's also possible that they've discovered some new and exciting location to explore and just decided to be brats and not come home tonight--I once found my ducks the day after a night out, and they were in a neighbor's yard. He keeps chickens and pigeons, and I'm assuming they were enjoying the free eats over there and just decided not to come home that night.

So, there is hope. But it's also possible that they are gone for good. And I'm awfully sorry. That is heartbreaking.
sad.png
I will keep my fingers crossed that they are okay somewhere though.

Not finding any feathers or signs of foul play is a good sign! Hopefully, they will come back safe and sound.

My guineas decided not to come home one night a few weeks ago. This is the first time they ALL stayed away, and I searched for several hours before giving up - there was no sign of them.

They all turned up for treats early the next morning!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

i dont think I could get ouyut of bed in the morning if my ducks went missing. Heck thats a lie id prolly be out and about the neighborhood , through the woods,m and up to every door to find my bunch. I know how you feel and I hope they come home soon
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom