Songster
Jul 16, 2015
Riding my horse
My Coop
My Coop
Here yi. Here yi!
Come all owners of ugly chickens!
ep.gif

The judging is simple, the ugliest chicken wins!
There is no prizes (SORRY) but be proud if you own the ugliest chicken!
Entry form here:

Chicken's name:
Owner's BYC name:
Picture:

At the time this photo was taken, this poor girl was in a heavy molt.
She is actually a beautiful Pure English Chocolate Orp, but she does look
a little ugly in this photo. Thankful feathers do grow back! lol!
Hens name is Dusty Brown.

At the time this photo was taken, this poor girl was in a heavy molt.
She is actually a beautiful Pure English Chocolate Orp, but she does look
a little ugly in this photo. Thankful feathers do grow back! lol!
Hens name is Dusty Brown.
I saw her in a different ugly chicken competition. She looks TERRIBLE
ep.gif
It's so great her feathers grew back
clap.gif

Meet Pork

Pork is a scaleless naked neck. She's still growing, just hit coopable age, though she's staying indoors 'til spring since she is obviously a bit cold challenged!

That's blue-kote spray, not bruises!

I think she's cute as heck, but most everyone who sees her reacts with "that is one ugly bird." TASTELESS, all of them!

Meet Pork

Pork is a scaleless naked neck. She's still growing, just hit coopable age, though she's staying indoors 'til spring since she is obviously a bit cold challenged!

I think she's cute as heck, but most everyone who sees her reacts with "that is one ugly bird." TASTELESS, all of them!
Pork has beautiful eyes and a cute comb. Oh my goodness I have never saw a bird like this. Will she ever get feathers. I would love to have a chicken just like this one. Does she own very many sweaters?

Meet Pork

There's no need to go any further. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Pork has beautiful eyes and a cute comb. Oh my goodness I have never saw a bird like this. Will she ever get feathers. I would love to have a chicken just like this one. Does she own very many sweaters?
Pork will never grow feathers, not more than she has, anyway. She has one froofy feather on each wrist and nothing more:

She will have plenty of chicken clothes for next year's winter for sure, but for now she is still growing! So I haven't gotten her anything yet.

The second picture of Pork is the perfect picture to use to show néwbies where the "crop" is located.
Yeah, she's a learning tool for sure! Part of why I wanted a scaleless so bad was to improve my own chicken anatomy as an artist, and she'll be useful in showing parts usually lost under feathering. All those feathers tell lots of lies.

Where did you get Pork? I really would love to have one just like her.
I hatched Pork from eggs aquired from byc user Kev. As a warning to those interested, they are a higher maintenance chicken.. not impossible to keep by any means, but I've found they do require a lot of extra consideration for their husbandry and any cold weather will be a serious issue. Because she is not feathered, she is also not as easy to handle, and is very prone to injuries like scratches from other chickens. Her lack of feathering also makes her wing claws a handling consideration.. she has accidentally stabbed herself with it once before, and she has also accidentally stabbed me pretty good with it too. She also does not know she has no feathers! She will try to jump around, perch, and fly like any other feathered bird, and it can result in injury. As such they need to be kept with low or no roosts, low nesting boxes, and a minimum of things that would be tempting to jump on.

There's no need to go any further. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
I need to train her to lay down on command, so I can get her to sit on a silver platter for photos. Maybe with a little bbq drizzle haha

Last edited:
Thank you Skink for answering my questions about her. I just don't think she would fit in my flock but I would still love to have one. She is beautiful in her own way but I'm sure she has this contest in the bag.

Back
Top Bottom