Ugly Chicken Butt- any cure?

I am just tired of looking at her sorry bottom and even though I proudly eat her eggs I feel a bit ashamed of the way she looks.
Is there a support group for that; Embarrased ugly-butt chicken owners anonymous?

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I have the same problem with one of mine - Beyonce. No sign of mites, laying well, lovely red comb & wattles. My other two are fine and I really couldnt say who is top or bottom of the pecking order - I've never noticed any pecking problems. Maybe she's just a bit OCD with her cleaning? The trouble is getting a good look isnt easy as she's not very friendly. The only way to catch her is to grab her from the nesting box, which she hates and squawks her head off.

bet you have a feather plucker, can be hard to see them in action at first, butt(he he) once they create a blad spot they all go after it, it looks different. I have a hen whos butt has been bald for a year, as soon as new growth starts they are plucked out, tried all the goos, lotions, sprays, ect.. don't work putting pinless peepers on this fall so she can be feathered for the winter. good luck

I had a hen whose butt was always "ugly" and I found out it was the way she sat in the coop. She sat on the edge of a nesting box and her but always rubbed on another edge of a box. When I rearranged things where she had to sit in a different spot, it went away.

I dont like ugly butts either....I use blucote on ugly butts just in case its other hens pulling those feathers.....but if its not red or irratated she just may be proud of her fanny and wants to show it.....but try blucote or blue spray and see if that helps you

Back
Top Bottom