UGLY CHICKEN TRACTOR, BUT WORKS AND IS CHEAP.....

oooh!!! heres my ugly chicken tractor!!
P4120067.jpg

P4120065.jpg

Thats awesome!! But can you get a close up shot of each of your chickens. Because in the first pic that has chickens in it. The silver Laced coloration bird looks to me like a cockeral. Not 100% but a pic of each bird would be very helpful.
Great job on the tractor!!!
cool.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

Last edited:
tractor is history , lasted a week in the cold oregon rain. the girls now have a nice coop,with straw and heat lamp! and I am sleeping so much better.
they have cover, food, water, and are most likely out of racoon range, I do not have to get up and let them out at 6 am!!!!
see my new ugly, simple NW coop!!!!

roostStandarde-mailview.jpg

cheers!

Last edited:
Cool looking tractors, people. Whatever works and the more COUNTRY the better, even in the urban world
smile.png

Couple of suggestions on chicken tractors: if you are worried about anything getting under the fencing, or if you have high wind in your area (I'm in the Columbia Gorge and this is always a problem) you can try staking it down with metal tent stakes. Easy to pull up and put down again and minimal marks to lawns. Also, pine shavings are much better than straw. They absorb the poop, you can layer it, and it really keeps down the smell. Also, straw can put weeds into your lawn, which the chickens might like, but you might not. Pine shavings have always given me a much better result with hen keeping overall.

Yay for chooks!

Back
Top Bottom