uh oh:P what to do!?!?

3mixedchicks

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Hello all! I have a incubator full of eggs...i should note this is my first hatch from a bator...i usually use my broody hens! However i took eggs from a clucky girl who changed her mind 11 days into her setting and my neighbour had two hens sitting on wayyy too many eggs so we plopped them all in together...only problem is now i have 3 sets of eggs different hatch dates! How can i make this work as far as stoppin the turner and continue turning the eggs that need to continue incubating while letting the rest set in preperation for hatching...and can i move them once they start to hatch to a heat lamp so as to not spoil the rest of the batch that has to keep going?? Oh dear got myself into a pickle now havent i! Thanx in advance for anyideas!

Last edited:
Umm...when i say bator i mean incubator...as in i have one and thats where the eggs r...lol did u read the question?

Ahem...3mixedchicks...I think Glenmar read the question just fine, but you didn't understand the answer.
roll.png

What is being suggested is that you go somewhere like TSC and get a SECOND bator, which will be used just for hatching (as opposed to incubating). As each group of eggs reaches day 18 (typically called lockdown) move them to the hatching bator. That way you can keep turning the eggs in the incubating bator. the humidity in the hatching bator will also be kept higher.

welcome-byc.gif

use my LG as a hatcher and I incubate in my Sportsman. I am transferring some eggs to it tomorrow. It's preheating now.

Last edited:
Oh geez:p my mistake im sorry thats what u get for chasing kids (human and goat variety:p) and checking this at the same time! Unfortunately im no where near a tsc...it took me forever to just track down this incubator...it would take me weeks to get another in...is there anything else i can do?

Quote:
taKe some of the racks out of your turner. put the hatching eggs on the bottom where you made room. leave the other ones in the turner until its their turn for lockdown. you do know what days each set of eggs needs to go in lockdown right?

Back
Top Bottom