Uh-oh. Watery Pooh?

Oh geez..I have a lotttt of ducks..but oh, busy day. I figured it had to be them because it didn’t show up until they arrived. I will be on Pooh patrol

Ok, I worked in my barn this morning and saw that my ducks had some watery Pooh...some of the new ducks had it in their own space too...then four of my ducks came in the barn while I was working and I saw more watery Pooh. Couldn’t tell from who, but there were enough Pooh to let me think that it was too many too be happy. Then I remembered that my sister-in-law, who owns a feed store, gave us 7 bags of out dated feed. When we opened the first bag, some of it was clumpier, so we didn’t give them that. This is why we stopped buying from her store. Then, down further it got, smelly and, almost moldy, so we stopped giving it to them...but, they, meaning all ducks, new and old had some of this feed. Could this be the culprit...could it be a case, of, intestinal upset? They are definitely still eating.

It could for sure be the feed. Hopefully it will just wash through them but you could also do a flush if it keeps up. First page of duck forum go to sticky’s then go down to flush’s for toxins.

It could for sure be the feed. Hopefully it will just wash through them but you could also do a flush if it keeps up. First page of duck forum go to sticky’s then go down to flush’s for toxins.
Ok, so basically when I do the flush I’ll have 50 ducks and a goose with major diarrhea...lol, oh geez...now the question, since this has happened twice with my hubby’s sister’s store...do I tell her that the feed is moldy...as a favor..or will that cause tensions because she thought she was doing us a huge favor by giving us soo many bags of feed? Ugh

our feed is made by Mennonite in town and the tag nutrition info is copied from Purina one.
This does not sound ethical.

do I tell her that the feed is moldy...as a favor..or will that cause tensions because she thought she was doing us a huge favor by giving us soo many bags of feed?
Heck Yeah!! Giving someone moldy feed is no favor, IMO.

This does not sound ethical.

Heck Yeah!! Giving someone moldy feed is no favor, IMO.
I don’t mean the tag is copied...I just told him the nutrients I needs, minerals, etc and he made it up..he said he does that for a lot of his customers, I didn’t even think it was breaking a rule..I didn’t take the tag, just told him what protein and such I needed.

yes, but she didn’t know it was moldy, true, now we are going to have pay to take it to the landfill...we collect ourtenants garbage, so, not a huge deal, but, just one more headache

Back
Top Bottom