Uh Oh...

WestCoastCoop

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
I just received my eggs this morning, let them sit for a couple of hours and just put them in the incubator. Since putting them in though, the heat is stuck at 88 F and doesn't seem to be changing. Is this just because it is adjusting to the input of the eggs which were obviously cooler and will warm up again once the eggs do? This is my first hatch and in a home-made bator...I'm nervous!

To answer your question, yes the incubator is adjusting to the cooler eggs. How long have they been in the incubator now? I usually wait several hours to allow the temp to come up after adding the eggs. If I turn up the heat too soon, I find that I wind up having to turn the temp back down later and then I wind up playing ping pong with the temperature.

Ah, I have a feeing ping-pong may be exactly what I'll be doing! They have been in for about an hour, and it is slowly starting to creep up. I haven't seen it reach more than 102 so I'm hoping that it just doesn't have that capacity (if that makes sense)I have to leave shortly, but bf will be home to keep an eye on thankfully! I'll keep everyone updated!

lower is better than too high...I'd leave it alone and check it i the morning...as long as the temp was right when you placed the eggs in...then it should return to that temp again.

Back
Top Bottom