Uhg I forgot again THE SUPPORT GROUP FOR MEMORY DEFICIENT

Thats alright. I'm having a forgetful day too.

Last night I forgot to close the chickens in and didn't realize it until I went to let them out this morning and they were already out pecking and scratching.
roll.png

Quote:
For that sort of thing, I have a "staging area" by the front door. I put stuff there that I need to remember to take. Just whenever I remember something that needs to go along, I put it there. May not be elegant but it's helpful.

Quote:
This is why god invented google calendar. It sends me SMS reminders on my cellphone. It emails me before the appointment. It pops up on my computer screen in front of BYC. I have 3 reminders at different timeframes to remind me to go to things - AND I didn't have to set the reminders, I just have to put it in the calendar. I make a point of not leaving the doctor's office until I have set up the calendar event. Habits help a lot that way.

Some habits:
don't set any appointment without putting it in my cellphone calendar.
don't walk out the house/hotel door without looking *physically* at the keys in my hand to make sure I have them.
don't shut the car/truck door without looking at the keys in my hand. (Don't rely on patting my pocket, just look.)
don't go to bed without checking on the chickens (I keep clogs and a flashlight in the bathroom so I can do this.)

My most recent one:
turn on the overhead light and fan vent in the kitchen whenever I turn the stove on, and don't turn them off until I have checked to make sure I turned off all the burners. (I was sometimes forgetting to turn a burner off!)

Whenever I pass my favorite gas station, look at my gas meter and if my gas is less than 3/4 full, fill up.

Anything I can make a habit or routine is best. But it takes forever for me to make habits, so I have to use my cellphone as a backup.

Quote:
This is why god invented google calendar. It sends me SMS reminders on my cellphone. It emails me before the appointment. It pops up on my computer screen in front of BYC. I have 3 reminders at different timeframes to remind me to go to things - AND I didn't have to set the reminders, I just have to put it in the calendar. I make a point of not leaving the doctor's office until I have set up the calendar event. Habits help a lot that way.

Some habits:
don't walk out the house/hotel door without looking *physically* at the keys in my hand to make sure I have them.
don't shut the car/truck door without looking at the keys in my hand. (Don't rely on patting my pocket, just look.)
don't go to bed without checking on the chickens (I keep clogs and a flashlight in the bathroom so I can do this.)

My most recent one:
turn on the overhead light and fan vent in the kitchen whenever I turn the stove on, and don't turn them off until I have checked to make sure I turned off all the burners. (I was sometimes forgetting to turn a burner off!)

Whenever I pass my favorite gas station, look at my gas meter and if my gas is less than 3/4 full, fill up.

Anything I can make a habit or routine is best. But it takes forever for me to make habits, so I have to use my cellphone as a backup.

I don't have a cell phone and I don't drive
idunno.gif

But i try the routine thing too and it helps sometimes but I forget to eat. I loose things all the time. Post it notes just clutter things up and don't help at all for me.

The biggest thing that helps me is my need to clean things oddly enough cause I have a habbit of looking at clocks and calenders when I walk into a room. Weird Uh? But also when I clean I find things I lost and remember what I was going to do to begin with.
big_smile.png

And oh yeah minor note here. I forgot how old I was today when someone asked me. I'm too young to forget that!
th.gif

Quote:

Some habits:

My most recent one:

I have one to add; Don't set my glasses down, unless they are set in one of the three common spots. Otherwise I can't see well enough to find them.
barnie.gif
th.gif
he.gif

Have any of you guys ever tried phosphatidylserine? I have no commercial interest in the following:

http://www.phosphatidylserine.net/

It might be worth a look. I've seen it in my local health food store.

(Write the name down if you go to look for it or I guarantee you won't remember that word)
hide.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
who us forget
gig.gif

I have taken my glasses off my nose and put them on my head like a hair band and forget where they are and will search the house like crazy until someone ask what I am looking for and then they laugh at me and tell me.
barnie.gif

Yesterday, we were getting ready to go walk the dog. I was putting on my socks and shoes. DH asked me something and then I stood up and looked around and asked "where's my other sock!?" Turns out, it was on my foot already.

Quote:
For that sort of thing, I have a "staging area" by the front door. I put stuff there that I need to remember to take. Just whenever I remember something that needs to go along, I put it there. May not be elegant but it's helpful.

I think that I have tried this method, unfortunately all that means is that there now is a pile of stuff by the door.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom