Uhg I forgot again THE SUPPORT GROUP FOR MEMORY DEFICIENT

Quote:
This!!
lol.png
I saw it and said, HEy I forgot all about this thread!!"
lau.gif

A filing card in my pocket complete with all stops, actions to be carried out, and items to be purchased is a necessity whenever I go to town. Now if I could only remember when I need to go to town.

Quote:
I can so relate to the need too be reminded the day of.
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
I really hate it when I remember an appointment, but remember the time wrong so that I miss the appointment anyway. I did that this week again.
rant.gif

It can be so bad that I forget to check in on the BYC web site.

Quote:
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
I really hate it when I remember an appointment, but remember the time wrong so that I miss the appointment anyway. I did that this week again.
rant.gif

Don't tell me: Gabbie missed her pedicure.
th.gif

That IS bad. And yes, you did. I was starting to worry.
smack.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
rant.gif

th.gif

smack.gif

It's good to know that someone will come and look for my body sooner or later.
gig.gif

first time at seeing this thread,yet another thing to strongly relate to other BYCers with.
am accutely short term memory impaired due to brain injury through seizures as a toddler and continuous/built up brain injury through lifelong head banging,but have never known any different so its just part and parcel of living.

if was to walk through a door way into bedroom/the building,by the time it takes to get past the door-thats it; the memory has wiped itself,its why tend to end up waffling huge posts because am constantly re-forgetting with each sentance.
at the same time,am also a savant in long term memory and people are usualy amazed or dont believe it when they find out the short term memory is the extreme opposite.

have always had twenty four hour support,so animals will never be forgotten.
woud recommend getting a PDA,to anyone who needs the extra memory help,these have schedules, calanders,alarms to remind when something is coming up etc.
had bought a sony clie PDA some years ago and still have it but never remembered to charge the thing.
tongue.png

PDA
lau.gif

I can't keep track of keys, cellphone or even eggs I gather from the hens. I would just forget where I put it. I can lose things in my pockets cause I forget what I did with it. Can't count the times I am standing in chech out line and can't find my debitcard that I just pulled out of my purse.
hu.gif

I told DH yesterday with all the crazy people that live in this house no wonder I am forgetfull. I must be subconcously forgetting on purpose.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
th.gif

smack.gif

It's good to know that someone will come and look for my body sooner or later.
gig.gif

Provided I don't forget!
gig.gif
I'll just be thinking, "You know, there's somebody I really should check on. Now who was it...?" Actually, Beckah would remind me.

So yesterday I didn't remember about some homework I had. My teacher buys milk from us. "So Evelyn, have you read that story yet?"
"Uhhhhhh....
hide.gif
"

Quote:
F.A.M.M...
You can do a few things to help you.
1- Set an alarm either on your cell phone or wrist watch for the time you usually go put the chickens in for the night.
2- have a friend call you OR you call them at a certain time in the early evening/late afternoon.
YOu can then have them remind you to check on the chickens.

My barn owner does this as she now lives alone and is 77 yrs old. She calls a neighbor every evening to let them know she is ok.
A very good friend AND her daughter call her every morning and they talk while she is getting her breakfast and letting the dogs out.

I sure hope this helps. I have a friend with memory issues. I am his appt'd representative and my DH and I are his and another friend's advocates.

Carol

I have short term memory problems from a severe concussion years ago. Setting timers do not work, because I will leave the house and go do whatever. I have come back with my house full of smoke (didn't eat beans that night!) more than once.
barnie.gif
I constantly leave the sprinkler on (think I'd better take up growing rice instead of 'maters) overnight or longer. It is a real problem with no easy solution. Even if I am around when the timer goes off, I frequently have forgotten what I set it for!!
he.gif
It is really frustrating not only for me but for the people around me who knew me before the accident and don't seem to be able to grasp I'm not who I was before. It does make life interesting.

Back
Top Bottom