Uhg I forgot again THE SUPPORT GROUP FOR MEMORY DEFICIENT

Wow!

I'm pleased to read all this - I feel nearly normal!
wee.gif

Quote:
Me too, I come inside in the evening and try to remember to set the timer on the stove so I won't forget to turn off the hose, but sometimes I forget to set the timer and then in about 2 hrs my dh takes the dogs out to go potty for the night and finds the hose running, Oh how I hate that. so if I may I'd like to join this group because being forgetful is not fun and it's nice to know others are in the same boat.
smile.png
now I need to subscribe to this thread so i don't forget about it.
tongue.png

Forgetting to turn off the hose - nah, that could never happen to me.
hide.gif

Thankfully the water softener makes a 'clunking' noise if the hose is left running too long.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

of course i didn't go into all the other things I forget to do and say. Even forgetting names of friends I have known for a very long time, how long? I don't remember
gig.gif
good to see you here sourland!

I think it's the forgetting things I've known forever that really provokes. One example, I'm a bit of an amateur botanist......wildflowers are something I'm deeply interested and over the years have led wildflower hikes and am the "go to" source for people who know me....but I have to consult a book most of the time for something I've known for 40 years! Then to top it off I i.d. a plant and then 10 minutes later someone else asks what it is and I have to ask the previous person what I told them it was!!!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Conversations are sometimes a chore as I won't be able to come up with the word I want...and I mean something as simple as "who" or "horse" or this really sucks now "chicken"!! I gave up instant messaging because of the time lags due to me frantically trying to come up with a common everyday word...at least in person they can offer a word. God forbid I develop Alzheimer's....or maybe this will be good practice for those around me
gig.gif

Maybe some on here will become comfortable enough with each other so Reminder phone calls can be made to each other, say to put the chickens in for the night??? Or for some upcoming important thing that cannot be forgotten?

Quote:
Can you remember to join?
lau.gif
If not, you're in!
idunno.gif

I had to write down the name of this support group so I could post it on my profile, now that is serious folks.. Welcome to all newbies including me,
hmm.png

I forgot to milk the goats this morning, which is something I do every day, twice a day. And it's a multi-step process! I can usually remember something if there's more than one part to it, but I guess in the excitement of a new calf I got sidetracked. The goats were very upset with me and let me know.

Back
Top Bottom