Uhh....what is this???

Ok...here is the close-up on chick two.

Here is a better look at her feathering.

And here is a better look at chick three.

Of course, it is possible we got mixed up. But they had two bins near each other. One labeled Australorps and the other Wyandottes and something else. I know they picked two out of the wyandottes and one from the australorps. And given that chick one and chick two look more like each other than either look like chick three and my memory of chick three coming out of the australorp bin, I think the error would be in how tsc had them labeled.

Yep, those are cute little Wyandottes! I see rose combs for sure at this angle.

Yeah, I don't know that I'd trust TSC to label their bins correctly either. I like to joke that a knowledgeable feed store employee is like a unicorn - I've seen no proof they exist.

Last edited:
Well, supposedly their shipments come to them labeled from the hatchery but maybe not. I know there was one they were like "we have no idea what these are because there was no label, but we're pretty sure they're chickens." Lol

They've been very helpful even if there's a mixup on the breeds.

So the consensus would be two blue wyandottes and an aussie roo?

Thank you all!

Last edited:
This is our Welsummer (Summer).

This is one of our little Bantams (Chip). She looks like a Welsummer to me too. Thoughts?

This is another of our bantams. Any ideas?

This is our Welsummer (Summer).

This is one of our little Bantams (Chip). She looks like a Welsummer to me too. Thoughts?

This is another of our bantams. Any ideas?

Chip is a Silver Duckwing of some breed, probably Old English Game or possibly Phoenix.

The last one is either a Silver Sebright Bantam or possibly a Silver Spangled Hamburg Bantam.

Ok, here's two more for the experts. These are our last two unidentified bantams.

Those are both bantams of some sort. It would be easy to narrow down the options if you posted another photo of their feet. Not very many bantams have feathered legs. I'm guessing the top silver one is a Self Blue Old English Game and the bottom black i'm 100% sure is a black cochin chick. Hope I could help!

Those are both bantams of some sort. It would be easy to narrow down the options if you posted another photo of their feet. Not very many bantams have feathered legs. I'm guessing the top silver one is a Self Blue Old English Game and the bottom black i'm 100% sure is a black cochin chick. Hope I could help!

Pretty sure you're right about the black cochin. Probably the other one too.

Yep, those are cute little Wyandottes! I see rose combs for sure at this angle.

Yeah, I don't know that I'd trust TSC to label their bins correctly either. I like to joke that a knowledgeable feed store employee is like a unicorn - I've seen no proof they exist.

Well, it seems ur true blue wyandotte may be a he. It has a pubescent sounding noise versus the cheep cheep. Disappointing because it was really becoming a pretty bird. We just can't keep cockerel. Probably ok bc we may have too many anyway.

Back
Top Bottom