Ulcerative Enteritis or Coccidiosis?

Yes, that's what I've found, too. The liquid injectable kind is Duramycin 72-200 (which is usually used for cattle) whereas the kind usually recommended for poultry is Duramycin-10, which is either sold out or unavailable everywhere because (after more digging) I found the scoop on the FDA issue. Apparently as of June 2023, they are requiring prescriptions for ALL animal antibiotics. I'm linking the article below. So technically you should still be able to buy Duramycin-10, but every site I've found that once had it is totally sold out...I imagine because everyone is stocking up after that news dropper.
So I'm curious as well if Duramycin 72-200 is safe to use for poultry at all and what the appropriate dosage would even be.
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...nimal-antibiotics-important-to-human-medicine
I'm can be used in poultry but it's not approved.

Injectable Duramycin can be added to their waterer. Tetracycline and Oxytetracycline can also be added to waterers.
@casportpony , can help you with the dosage better than I can....she's the expert in that field.

The last time my flock had UE, I used injectable Tetracycline, I don't remember the dosage though, I was treating over 5,000 birds at that time, commercial operation.

Back
Top Bottom