Ultimate cold weather test for a broody hen SUCCESS - pictures

Aaawww!!!
za4.gif

Quote:
Your babies are also doing great! growing fast, I think one is a roo and two hens to go along with 4 other EE hens (I think). The one I think is a roo, is still my daughters favorite and she carries him around whenever she comes out to the barn. It will be awhile before they get to go outside, just another three months or so and we will have spring up here in the north.

so let me understand ... how many ducks and chicks did you get?

We are very cold here in NC ... and now I found one of my buffs sitting on a nest! I grab a couple of the other hens eggs that where still warm and put them under her ... go figure! I just ordered some French Black Copper Marans eggs to put in my new Christmas Incubator! They wont be here for another week or so ... ! Ive never had a hen go broody on me! In this cold weather ... who knows what I'll get?

i keep reading all these hens going broody.. must be the cold weather cause my little sun conure is laying eggs lol she has two and usually lays 3 .. will give her a couple more days then remove them . they are not fertile.. will take pics for the size comparison

Quote:
Well, to be honest with you, I have lost count. Right now I have about 60 ducklings and 18 chicks inside my shop where they will be until they are old enough to be outside which could be a few months. Total, I have somewhere around 150 ducks and 70 chickens and 6 geese. I got my first birds the end of last May - since then, I got a little carried away incubating. - I almost shut off the incubator the other day - but my splash silkies started to lay so I figured I better check the fertility.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom