Ultra Kibble?

Yes.

The forage blocks are fabulous right from the get-go. The first package of ultra-kibble I got, my chickens didn't like...but that may be the fault of the store where I bought it---sometimes I think products can get old in out-of-the-way places. The second batch I just got -- they are very fond of...especially my Easter Egger. I also have bought the ultra kibble for chicks..but have yet to introduce it to my little ones, and I have bought the little chick block.

I really like the approach that it uses the chickens natural instincts and it entertains them. (the forage cakes)>

I used some ultra kibble on my duck that got sick also the meal worms i had to hand feed the duck as she was ill i think the extra protien helped save her life the chickens loved it to i used as a treat or snack for the growing chicks the meal worms are a huge hit.

I've used it as a supplement for a short time for my hens. I have been feeding it to my chicks to give the animal protein & higher protein %, as I have to feed Purina Start & Grow. The chicks like it & pick it out first. They feathered out great & are growing like crazy.

I picked up a chick block a few weeks ago, and it was gone in a few days. Those chicks seemed to do really well. I just added a block to each run and got two bags of kibble, one Ultra and one chick.

It seems that a good many people mix the kibble into other feeds to increase the nutrition and reduce the amount of feed consumed. I like the idea of adding in the protein and vegtable matter into their diet, especially for those that do not get out to free range often. My egg production has been up and down lately, so I am hoping this helps out. As my breeding flock starts to put off eggs, I am hoping this helps out with production and healthy chicks.

I will be mixing the Chick kibble in with the starter grower that i am using to see how these chicks do compared to my last batch. I also have three guineas in with them, so the increase protein should help them out as well.

If it works, great. At, the price I had to pay, it must work really good to be worth the money. If there is not some marked difference, it still seems to be a very healty treat or add in that would work just to help keep a healthy flock.

There is some serious tdiscussions in the other forum topics on these products, especially the peahens. glad to see this in the chicken world. I will keep up to see how others use it and how it works out.

I picked up a chick block a few weeks ago, and it was gone in a few days. Those chicks seemed to do really well. I just added a block to each run and got two bags of kibble, one Ultra and one chick.
It seems that a good many people mix the kibble into other feeds to increase the nutrition and reduce the amount of feed consumed. I like the idea of adding in the protein and vegtable matter into their diet, especially for those that do not get out to free range often. My egg production has been up and down lately, so I am hoping this helps out. As my breeding flock starts to put off eggs, I am hoping this helps out with production and healthy chicks.
I will be mixing the Chick kibble in with the starter grower that i am using to see how these chicks do compared to my last batch. I also have three guineas in with them, so the increase protein should help them out as well.
If it works, great. At, the price I had to pay, it must work really good to be worth the money. If there is not some marked difference, it still seems to be a very healty treat or add in that would work just to help keep a healthy flock.
There is some serious tdiscussions in the other forum topics on these products, especially the peahens. glad to see this in the chicken world. I will keep up to see how others use it and how it works out.
I also got the Chick Block and they haven't touched it yet but, The Ultra Kibble they went to as soon as I mixed it in their food.. I am also going to mix it in with their starter/grower feed. Mine are almost 7 weeks old now and I only let them out for a hour or 2 a day..I plan on buying the big bag when i go to TSC this weekend..

A little report.

The chick block has been finished off. The chicks I had it with have almost been finished off as well. 1 was lost to a big black snake, 5 were lost to cocci. I do not think the chick block hurt or helped. They have the Chick Kibble mixed with food, not sure how they do with it. I do mix some with the scratch I give them, but it is always left until last.

I mix the Ultra Kibble with scratch for my bigger chickens, but they leave it until last as well. They also pick around it when mixed with pellets. I did fix a wet mash with yogurt, Kibble, Scratch and all flock. It all was eaten.

I quess that you really have to go long term and maybe even have a control group to see if there is a marked difference from what you are already doing. I do not believe this is the magic additive that some may claim. I will say that my hens are healthier and happier when they are let out often or given mixed treats often. The eggs are better as well. This is probably a super good treat, but I am not sure that the expense is worth the return. I may keep a bag around to add to the occaisional mash or sick birds that I confine. I will keep a chick block for little ones that I keep.

Let me know your expierience.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering how each of you feed the Ultra Kibble?

At first I added it to the scratch and dried mealworms that I threw out as a treat. About 4 handfuls all over the ground for 12 chickens. But as some of you said it was always left after the mealworms and the scratch. So then I started adding it to the food container and they seem to be eating it now.

Is this how most of you use it? And do you follow the ratio given on the back of the bag? Or more or less? For my EE's, NH Red's, Orpingtons and Sussex and I about 1:10 and for my 4mo old Silkies i do about 1/2 and 1/2. Is that too much? They are tiny, even for Silkies so I was worried they were not getting enough protein.

And lastly, what exactly is the purpose of this stuff? I know the goal is extra protein but how much do they need if they get layer feed, lots and lots of free range grasses and insects and kitchen treats (fruits and veggies)?

Thanks to anyone who replies! I don't seem to have any luck with that. :)

I was not impressed by Ultra Kibble. It didn't increase egg production, didn't change my hatching or fertility percentages, and the chickens didn't seem overly eager to eat it. So, considering the price, I didn't buy another bag.

Back
Top Bottom