Umbilical "cord" help (Ancona's)

Robbo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Idaho
Hello

I was curious if I should be worried or keeping an eye on one of my Ancona babies. The 6 day old has a black spot on her belly. I thought it was dried poo at first and went to clean it and it isn't. It looks like the dried up spot of the "umbilical cord". But then when I get the baby fuzz moved away it is about the size of a small pea and black. Anything to worry about? The skin around it looks fine, not red or warm or anything.

Hello

I was curious if I should be worried or keeping an eye on one of my Ancona babies. The 6 day old has a black spot on her belly. I thought it was dried poo at first and went to clean it and it isn't. It looks like the dried up spot of the "umbilical cord". But then when I get the baby fuzz moved away it is about the size of a small pea and black. Anything to worry about? The skin around it looks fine, not red or warm or anything.
Probably nothing to worry about if it doesn't look infected, if you have some betadine you can mix it with water to look like weak tea and dab some onto the scab with a cotton ball, not pulling it off but the beatdine will keep it sanitary and help it heal the scab will fall off on it's own. or Veterycin spray will work the same way.

Back
Top Bottom