Unable to bear weight on foot, any advice?!

Bsphillips22

Hatching
Mar 3, 2024
Below is an ISA Brown, approximately 5 days old. I was changing their paper towel bedding and not sure if her leg got caught, but she can only stand on one leg and is off balance now. She keeps her other leg tucked in. Any ideas on what I can do, so that she can start using her other leg. Been giving her water. Thanks in advance!!
1000090903.jpg

This happened to one of my big hens, I think she just tweaked it jumping down from a perch and couldn't stand at all. I fed her oatmeal and pellet mash so she got lots of food and water since she couldn't walk around on her own and would pick her up and let her put tiny bits of weight on it. She made a full recovery. I would give her time and make sure she's getting food and water and that other chicks aren't picking on her.

This happened to one of my big hens, I think she just tweaked it jumping down from a perch and couldn't stand at all. I fed her oatmeal and pellet mash so she got lots of food and water since she couldn't walk around on her own and would pick her up and let her put tiny bits of weight on it. She made a full recovery. I would give her time and make sure she's getting food and water and that other chicks aren't picking on her.
Thank you for the advice, she passed last night.

Back
Top Bottom