unable to learn to post pic.

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
Hi every one,
I can not seemingly learn to post pic. I can email them fine. Could someone pm me an email address? If I could send you the pic. could you post them on the BYC forum?
I am not sure , but would that work? Jean

You dont need photobucket.

See at the top of the page in the blue area where the words"Index", "User list", "Rules", etc are? Look for "uploads", click on it and a new window or tab will open for you...go there. You can upload photos directly to save in a personal folder, so to speak, on this site. Then post to a forum thread by clicking on the " My uploads" at the bottom right corner of the page, find your pic from your group of photos that you uploaded, then copying the image or thumbnail http\\\\...etc. You paste this code right into the message box along with any writing you want to appear on your post.
I hope this works and makes sense to you.

I also have trouble uploading pictures using the upload tab at the top. It tells me my files are the wrong type. However, if I email the picture to myself and then save it to my picture file, I can upload them to this site from there. A lot of steps, but it's the on;y way I can make it work. (I know nothing about computers)
roll.png

I sympathize with you - I am technically inept and cannot find my pictures on my own computer, at least not in any file that the Browse button comes up with.
The only time I have ever been successful at doing this was on an unrelated site and it was a total fluke after a series of random stabs, and tada! - my pictures were posted, but I could never figure out what I had done.
Life is like that for me!

Download Picasa from Google. It is free and and will simplify indexing and displaying all photos on your drives.

If you drag a photo that you want to use online onto your desktop before you begin an upload, you can usually find it pretty easy.

You can upload them to the site, or you can use a photohosting service... but it must be ON the web somewhere in order to post a link to it. You can't connect a link straight to your desktop... it must be hosted somewhere first. I hope that makes sense.

But you have me wondering something........

tn

This is just a trial thing... bear with me

Interesting..... if you DID have an email with a photo, technically the image is being hosted by the email service and you CAN copy the image location and use it to post... but, if you delete your email, you will lose the image also as the image here would be linked to that email.

Here is one posted from an email that I will delete... let's see what happens
smile.png

tn

Yup... away it goes... along with the deleted email.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom