Undigested food in droppings, update on page 3

Quote:
Thank you! I'm relieved as well. I've read your posts about internal laying (after I got my chickens from a hatchery) and have had that fear. A hysterectomy is a major, dangerous procedure for a bird and I'd hate the thoughts of putting a hen through one if that was her only hope.

what an ordeal for both of you. I sure hope the treatment works. You are a real chicken mama. I always spent myself into oblivion for my pets which, is probably why I don't have any more. Not because of the expense but I didn't recover well from loosing them.

I have heard of that, I also heard its more common to occur in the 'lowest' chicken in the flock because they can be bullied away from food, so they go to find what they can elseware/anywhere. Like a year old moldy grain jammed in some odd place...

Quote:
Yep. And Coho is the lowest chicken in my flock...

My coop is kept very clean and dry, but the run not so much. Not for a lack of trying... we've hauled in several ton of gravel to try and combat the mud (and it's on a sidehill!) but this year has been pure misery for us. It's entirely possible someone flicked some food outside and it ended up in the mud, not to mention whatever was there naturally. There are a lot of variables.

I'am so glad she will be ok!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
Just thinking here my chickens spill their food, and then compact it into the ground. I hope this dose not happen to my flock.
hide.gif
I'am sorry about your wallet.
hmm.png

I'm honestly not sure how common it is in backyard type chicken setups! I'd think that simple food spillage and such happens pretty frequently but I don't see this happening a lot; unless it happens and people don't know what they are seeing when they have a sick chicken? I know I didn't. It's hard to say. It's why I wanted to share here in case someone runs across this problem too.

I took a short video of her: The sun set and she knew it was time to roost, so she snuggled up on my computer chair. Sorry for the bad audio, my stove is loud!

I just put her to bed so she can rest.

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Shes soooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!
ep.gif
I love her!
love.gif

This!! She's lovely! So glad you were able to get some good care at your vet and I hope she feels better soon!​

I've been following this thread since you posted the link on Derp's.
I'm SO glad that she's doing so much better.
Will stay tuned to hear that she is back to normal soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom