Uneaten fine particles in pellet food

I thought you had to add yogurt. How does that compare to water? Thoughts?

I know yogurt's more expensive, and I'd love to just use water. Although are there any benefits to mixing the food with plain yogurt?
Use of yogurt will help fermentation,but that is a little different than just using water. Although using yogurt to make a mash will still give added pre/probiotics, just unnecessary imo. I do mix yogurt into the mash once in awhile.

Although are there any benefits to mixing the food with plain yogurt?

I don't know how fermenting feed is done or if that involves yogurt, but I usually make plain mash with water.

Sometimes I make mash with whey from making acid-set cheese -- but not too often because of the salt content.

The only time I used a yogurt -- and then just a tiny dab -- was when I had a chick with persistent pasty-butt.

Tomorrow morning before you feed them more pellets...Mix one cup of the dust in with some water...oatmeal-like consistency...they will think it's a treat and gobble it up.
Ditto. They like it better than when I fermented it. Try it you will be surprised how much they love it. IT saves money , gives nutrition, and they think you're the best human EVER! I'm amazed how much they go for it, I do every day now, cold water in summer, hot on cold days

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom