Unemployed?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tala, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Anyone else unemployed?

I got fired last November and haven't been able to get a job since. [​IMG]

I had a steady job for forever, so being bored all the time is so weird. I don't know what to do with myself. It's strange because I have all this time and absolutely no motivation. I should have the cleanest house in the world, but I don't.

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive been on medical leave since last september. It is fustrating not having much to do. Well I have alot to do, the doc just wont let me do alot. So I play with my birds and visit my friends on BYC.

3. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I was laid off for over 3 months, got called back march 23rd and got laid off again 2 nights ago. I make parts for GM, it sure dont look good................

4. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    I chose to be a stay at home mom with our son, now 7 months. Prior to that I was an honor roll senior at a state university and working for the school newspaper (really, a full time but under paid job) before, I was working full-time as a manager of a radio station's office. I am so used to be "GO-GO-GO" all the time that the slow down was a huge shock. I totally relate Tala's sentiment about the house-I rarely do housework. I mean, who is going to see it, and I can *always* do it later, right?[​IMG]

EDIT: I just want to add in here that I really feel for all of you who have lost your jobs, and that I am praying for you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  5. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Work.....What is that ? Hubby and I have been off for 7 months.....mine due to no work , his due to no work and medical . (We're both Union wiremen ) . Hopefully work starts soon.....we put over $20,000 in the savings for rainy days.....never knew it would rain this long . At least we still have enough for another couple of months...after that...guess my mom , sis , and neice will be moving in ![​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I also feel for all you you who are unemployed.. I will keep you in my prayers, I pray that life improves for you all. [​IMG] x

7. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I have been unemployed since August.[​IMG] My house is not clean either. I am also up at all hours of the night!

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I am up all hours of the night because I used to work 3rd shift and my hubby still does

9. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Me, too!

I got canned in January and am in a battle over unemployment. I live in a town with 30K college students who will take a job for beans, so no work here.

I'm hating the depression that comes from a loss of identity- I logically know I'm not what I do, but emotionally I'm not absorbing that info.

My house is shovel-worthy at this point. A total pit.

God blessings the man still loves and supports me, but I made more money and we're hurting!

10. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I went through the "depression " stage for longer than I'd like to admit . It seemed as if no golden horizon was in sight ...so I slept all day.....did NOTHING . I finally realized that my JOB is the house now . I can't keep it a mess , because DH won't clean the toilets , scrub the floor , or anything else besides the kitchen . Look at it as dreading going to your usual job....except it's YOUR house . You bought it , or are renting it . I always panic when people call to say they're coming over last minute....I don't want them seeing a filthy conjested mess ! It's hard to clean up when it's a 2000 sq ft house in the country with lime green and 60's phsycadellic carpet , and wood stove heated ! Even if you get up late.....get your mind in order that it's your job now ! It helped me .[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by