Unexpected new goose

You say it falls over? Like it’s legs are weak? Just want to mention how important it is to supplement with a form of niacin until at least 12 weeks I old, to me if they aren’t showing any symptoms of niacin deficiency Nutritional yeast is a good one just sprinkle 1 Tab over a cup of feed daily.

It follows me every where! It’ll flap it’s stubby little wings wattle with me and then fall over. It seems like a very happy and healthy little goose! I’m looking into buying it some goose friends although it has taken a liking to its chicken and turkey friends. Will they still get along like that when they’re older?
Since it’s being raised with the chickens and turkeys it should still get along with them alright when it’s older. But geese are individual, so you never know for sure. The Chinese tend to be a bit more aggressive toward other birds in my experience, but it will depend on the individual personality of your gosling.

My mixed flock of chickens, ducks, and geese tolerate each other very well, though my newest batch of 5 White Chinese are starting to try to bully the others. I would suggest only getting one gosling buddy for your baby if you get another Chinese, or getting a more laid back buddy like a Toulouse, Embden, or Buff. One buddy at least for now, it’s hard to limit yourself with geese. But, if you establish a couple that get along well with the flock, new birds that you introduce should tend follow their example.

Geese are truly a joy to raise! Their personalities and antics are so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom