Unexplained death????

symrae

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 19, 2016
Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can come up with an explanation for this. This morning I go to my coop and find one of my favorite hens dead in the corner of the coop. She was about 9 years old. I noticed a little water on the floor and thought that was odd then when I picked her up she was full of water! It came pouring out of her mouth. Does anybody have an idea of what could have happened? Thanks!

It has me confused as well. Maybe you could post at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread to see if the responders there could come up with an explanation. I'm sorry you lost your hen.

I'm wondering if she had some respiratory problems since there was fluid?
I actually was reading a similar case of a nine year old hen that passed and clear liquid came out. The owner had necropsy done and it was a diseased liver. I suppose it would be hard to know real cause unless you have a necropsy done.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

(Sorry it's not under better circumstances)

That's always a shame to lose one of our birds. I don't know what could have caused the liquid but drumstick diva had a good suggestion with asking on the emergency forum.

Back
Top Bottom