Unfertilized egg

Quote:
Why would she do this to you?

You know it's impossible. She has to know that she is telling an untruth.

Quote:
so this egg you gave her did it come from these new Easter eggers? if so like stated before hens can hold sperm for somewhere around 2 weeks, sometimes shorter sometimes longer so if you just got these then it might be possible there were in with roosters before and that is where they got fertilized from

In order to have a partially formed chick, the egg would have to have been incubated under a broody hen for awhile. If you do not own a rooster and/or collect your eggs daily (and they aren't scattered 'whither and thou' by free rangers, than it would be pretty impossible to have a partially incubated chick.

The thing about 'home grown' eggs is that they aren't electronically candled, etc. to be sure any 'irregularities' that occur normally in the production of eggs by chickens have been removed. Eggs vary in color, size, construction, shape and shell strength due to many different factors. Sometimes blood spots or other abnormalities occur, though not common. People have become accustomed to the sanitized and sorted eggs available at your local grocer.

I HAVE opened up partially incubated eggs ... it's a bit gross, but I toss the egg and don't bother my brain with thinking about it overmuch.

I agree. That was not very nice of her and if it was her imagination, at least you know it is impossible.

Just don't give her any more of your eggs. Plenty of people who will appreciate them.

Hi all, The eggs I gave her were from 1 year old hens (not thinking that sperm would last that long). I agree with the vivid imagination explaination. All the other people who enjoy the fresh eggs have no complaints

Just sounds like a large blood spot to me. I usually just pick them out and eat the eggs anyways, but I've known several people to freak over them. More people than you'd think believe the blood spots are developed chicks.

I would explain this to her and if she doesn't want your eggs anymore its no big deal. Just give them to someone else. Plenty of people who would enjoy fresh eggs!

Back
Top Bottom