unfortunately my hen got broody and my drake became lonely. Pls help

Salva

Hatching
Jun 8, 2020
I have only a drake and a duck. The hen unfortunately got broody and now my drake has been alone for 3 days.. he is overpreening now. And decrease of hunger and while pooping his penis is coming out. Can anyone help me pls. I dont know what to do

Can he see his mate? Not much you can do except let him be able to be close but not mate with her while she’s sitting or eggs can get broken.
Yes he can see his mate while she is out for food and preening. Aprox for 15 minutes daily. For that time alone my drake is so happy and active. After she goes to pen , he is out of energy and keep on preening is body. He doesn’t eat or get in to pool. I am confused if he is having any other problem or not? Any worm infection?

Could you post a picture of him, does he perk up when she comes out with him to take a break?
Yes he is very happy and active when his girl is out. But after she goes he keep on quacking until any one of us come out and sit with him.. if we accompany him, he is silent and rests near us.. but in the absence of us he is quacking a lot.

Last edited:
We stopped at a male and female because of the noisy nature of female. We are concerned about the neighbours😟 however, now due to lockdown getting a female is also hard. In between he is preening a lot on his body. Always biting at his feathers inside.. what will be the reason for that?

Back
Top Bottom