Unhealthy Cockerel, Bad Hatch; What's Wrong?

He's doing great now. He's my rooster for my flock and looks great.
However, he is a bit of a coward, and a couple of his hens like to beat him up some. I'm thinking just giving them time to get used to him will be good. I also don't think he'll be a good breeder because I think he's carrying bad lineage.

This is him now:
Aw, he's handsome!
What makes you think he's got bad lineage?

He's doing great now. He's my rooster for my flock and looks great.
However, he is a bit of a coward, and a couple of his hens like to beat him up some. I'm thinking just giving them time to get used to him will be good. I also don't think he'll be a good breeder because I think he's carrying bad lineage.

This is him now:
Love Nightfall! An absolutely stunner!

Aw, he's handsome!
What makes you think he's got bad lineage?
The hatching eggs that he hatched out of didn't come from my flock. Both me, and the person that the eggs came from wasn't able to hatch any full term full EEs, only the mixed. Nightfall's father was the EE that was getting bred. Because there was no success of the full EEs, and his rough start, I don't think he'll be good. I might take a chance with him to preserve my brooder, or to continue some other bloodlines, but I'm concerned with him, I'll have either a bad hatch rate, or deformities (I think cross beak would be one) or both.

Back
Top Bottom