Unknown breed of bantam

R1V3R20NG

Songster
6 Years
Nov 2, 2017
Not here...
i just got chicks today and we don’t know what breed it is or gender. Long legs but the wing feathers are growing silkie style. Please help

Attachments

• 515CBDCF-AB3F-4850-8E40-8F3E9C24BDE5.jpeg
    515CBDCF-AB3F-4850-8E40-8F3E9C24BDE5.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1F100538-3CA6-45AE-9F02-129DF9119916.jpeg
    1F100538-3CA6-45AE-9F02-129DF9119916.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 22
Since your chick is the "classic chick" color and look he/she could be multiple different breeds. Being a bantam is going to lower the options a bit. It's not a silkie I can tell you that as silkies have feathered shanks and feet and walnut combs. Possibly a Japanese or EE bantam?

Since your chick is the "classic chick" color and look he/she could be multiple different breeds. Being a bantam is going to lower the options a bit. It's not a silkie I can tell you that as silkies have feathered shanks and feet and walnut combs. Possibly a Japanese or EE bantam?
I checked the wings again and im starting doubt my own thing about the silkie part They are normal, but in this light they look a bit fuzzy. I hope that it is not another EE, already have two large fowl ones. I got it from an assorted bantam bin, along with two other chicks, which have been identified, one is a cochin and the other is a black austrolorp

Hallo! If they do have longer legs than what “normal” chicks usually have, and they are for sure Bantams, they might possibly be Modern Game Bantams! You might look them up as chicks, and see if any look the same.

Hallo! If they do have longer legs than what “normal” chicks usually have, and they are for sure Bantams, they might possibly be Modern Game Bantams! You might look them up as chicks, and see if any look the same.
Some do, but i have to be very specific and type in day old chicks instead of just chicks otherwise their are no pics of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom