Unknown death. Please help

cdmadaio

Chirping
Dec 10, 2017
so far, 3 chickens have died unknown deaths, 2 in the coop, but this one, this one is very peculiar. Today,my dad said that a chicken died, he said he went running out to the coop, when he saw a bird fly up. The chickens ere traumatized, and my little black one, tiny, died. Outside the coop area, tiny was found, still warm, dead. She had no signs of injury, and we're not sure what happened. There was a light colored bird that flew from the coop, but I would think, if a walk killed her, there would be severe injuries. Please help!!

That might actually be it though. But that wouldn’t explain that there were no claw marks in the baby. So, maybe the hawk was gently going grabbing Tiny then dropped him which killed him. How high is your coop? Maybe that distance killed Tiny.

That probably was it. If the hawk was in a hurry to get out, he or she probably dropped Tiny fast and flew away.

Did the other 2 have injuries on them, eaten etc?

The other two had nothing on them, they died inside the henhouse with no signs of trauma or anything. One of them died about a week ago, so we're sending her in for an autopsy.

That probably was it. If the hawk was in a hurry to get out, he or she probably dropped Tiny fast and flew away.

Is that very common for that to happen, she couldn't have used her wings? So far we've been pretty lucky in terms of birds of prey, and one has died by being decapitated, but this unsettled me because she had nothing to show for it

Back
Top Bottom