Unknown hatch date for unknown water bird

Leaches123

Songster
7 Years
Apr 6, 2016
So I have an unknown egg currently incubating and it’s on day 17/18, I’m beginning to wonder when I should stop rotating it and lock it down, do I aim for day 24 in the hopes it’ll be ready to hatch within those days and if I did that day is it safe to leave it if the incubation time should actually be 35, or is there a way to tell??

Attachments

• FAD9ACE3-EA44-4142-AB3B-EB5D2DD44B7C.jpeg
    FAD9ACE3-EA44-4142-AB3B-EB5D2DD44B7C.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 6
What is the size/color of the egg? Where did you find it? Do you have any water fowl?
It’s white, about the size of a x-large chicken egg, we found it by a river, that same river is home to pelicans, several duck species and water hens? I think... I’ve never hatched anything beyond chickens or quails, we were surprised this egg has done so well, as we didn’t get it into the incubator for 10 days..

It’s white, about the size of a x-large chicken egg, we found it by a river, that same river is home to pelicans, several duck species and water hens? I think... I’ve never hatched anything beyond chickens or quails, we were surprised this egg has done so well, as we didn’t get it into the incubator for 10 days..
Can you post a picture of the egg please

Back
Top Bottom