Unofficial survey about roosters.

I have one white leghorn roo. Henry shown in the avatar. We adopted him from the feed store. He is last spring hatch and they had too many roosters.
He is usually not agressive to me at all unless I'm not wearing my long robe. He does not like legs showing.
He is agressive towards my DH. Unless I am with him.

I also have a question. I have 4 giant cochin chicks. All girls so far that we can tell. Do you think he will be overly aggressive to them when I finally integrate them?

Jacie

I have 2 roos.

1 New Hampshire rooster about 9 mths old.
He isnt aggressive towards people but to cats and such he really defends his girls.
He is actually a big scared of us it seems.

The other one is a 5 mth old Silky bantam.
He is beautiful!!!!!!!!!! he was hand raised so the kids love to pick him up and tote him round the yard.

I have also owned an Asutralope roo when i was a teenage i had him for 10 years.
And i would to say he was the most gentle and queit creature i have ever known.
He wasnt handraised but became very friendly within a couple of weeks of me getting him.

The worst roo i have ever owned was a light sussex roo.
He was savage!
He used to see us coming across the paddock and come flapping over at full speed to peck and flap at us.

Needless to say he didnt last long
wink.png

I have a 17 week old Silver Spangled Hamburg. I have had him since one day old. He has been wonderful to myself and my three boys. He does tend to show off a little when the DH comes near his girls but does not get aggressive. I think he is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom