unpopular chicken opinions??

Pics
Thank goodness someone else thinks naked necks are ugly!

I'm not a fan of feathered legs, either. I just see a mess waiting to happen. Mud, snow, dirt, yuck.

Yes! Feathered feet gross me out! I don't know how to describe why, but it's not as much about the mess waiting to happen (that does add to it, though), but that it's almost parasitic looking or something. Bleeeeeeeh! 🤢

Yes! Feathered feet gross me out! I don't know how to describe why, but it's not as much about the mess waiting to happen (that does add to it, though), but that it's almost parasitic looking or something. Bleeeeeeeh! 🤢
IMG_7025.jpg

Look at her boots!

My hubby's mother was from France, where she wrote the crow of a rooster as, "Co-co-ri-co." His grandmother, from Northern Germany, wrote a rooster's crow as "Ki-ki-ri-ki." Americans say it's "Cock-a-doodle-doo." (WOW... even my spell-checker knew that!)

Now that I've had multiple breeds of chickens over the past twenty-some years, I have noticed that Crevecoeur roosters mostly have four-note crows, and Delawares and Nankins have five-note crows, the Delawares ending with a little extra note that sounds like "yeah," as in, Yeah, I said that. I think it's pretty consistent within a breed to have a certain number of "notes," but there are also enough individual differences to tell individuals within the same breed apart just on their crow, for me.

Is that just my opinion, or have you noticed that, too?

My hubby's mother was from France, where she wrote the crow of a rooster as, "Co-co-ri-co." His grandmother, from Northern Germany, wrote a rooster's crow as "Ki-ki-ri-ki." Americans say it's "Cock-a-doodle-doo." (WOW... even my spell-checker knew that!)

Now that I've had multiple breeds of chickens over the past twenty-some years, I have noticed that Crevecoeur roosters mostly have four-note crows, and Delawares and Nankins have five-note crows, the Delawares ending with a little extra note that sounds like "yeah," as in, Yeah, I said that. I think it's pretty consistent within a breed to have a certain number of "notes," but there are also enough individual differences to tell individuals within the same breed apart just on their crow, for me.

Is that just my opinion, or have you noticed that, too?
At my place, we have about 12 males and we can tell almost all of them apart on crow alone

I do not like silkies and Emus are really intimidating to me. And if your dogs are aloud to bark incessantly or your kids are aloud to run around your yard screaming constantly then my bantam roosters are aloud to crow...thank you..I’m finished now lol
i don’t think you’re alone with respect to the emu bit

Back
Top Bottom