unpopular chicken opinions??

I personally wouldn't put any more than 5. Mine are properly small though. If they're giant hatchery BC's, they could probably handle a couple more.

You have to remember that the eggs eventually hatch and the chicks grow. They still have to fit comfortably under mom.
A hundred, five, same thing. :wee

Do they advertise them as Blue-laced Gold Wyandottes? Or are they just really gross Blue-laced Reds that lack the mahogany gene? lol

Agreed! lol
They're advertised as blue laced gold. But they also call them a hybrid in their fact sheet so I have no clue. I just know I needed a laced bird and these ones were pretty and new looking

Here's the link. Maybe baby pics could shed more light, but they don't have any for that color

https://hoovershatchery.com/blgw.html
They look like hatchery quality Blue-laced Gold Wynadottes to me. I'm impressed they are advertising them as such. And they are probably calling them a hybrid because they crossed Golden-laced Wyandotte cockerels onto Splash-laced Red hens or vice versa so they are a 'hybrid' of two varieties, but pure Wyandotte.

They look like hatchery quality Blue-laced Gold Wynadottes to me. I'm impressed they are advertising them as such. And they are probably calling them a hybrid because they crossed Golden-laced Wyandotte cockerels onto Splash-laced Red hens or vice versa so they are a 'hybrid' of two varieties, but pure Wyandotte.
So do you think they'll make more blue laced holds if I got a male and female? Or would it be a potluck of genes?

I was not expecting you to heart that. But yay!
No I agree. I have prefab coops that everyone claims should hold a standard or maybe just a bantam. But I keep pairs and small standard trios in it just fine and no one seems upset

I also mainly have trios and pairs and simply seperate roosters if they are causing problems for the hens. (Gotta love rabbit stackers for this)

Yeah it really does depend on the breed. If they handle confinement, they don't necessarily need as much space, but if they're known for free ranging they're probably gonna need more.

Back
Top Bottom