Unsure about when day 21 is, signs of pending hatch?

The pipper is becoming the zipper!

No sign in the ither 2 so far. If this dude/ette makes it out before either of them gives me an external pip i will probably candle to be sure. So far so good though!

Oh goodness, SO CUTE! The other 2 died some time during or shortly after lockdown. I am not surprised. I did a lot of things wrong. We will build a better brooder in a week or so.

We'll go get a friend for the little one today or tomorrow :) it's a silver laced wyandotte mixed with a lavender orp, and if feather sexing could work here, i would call it a boy.we are also going to try the heating pad mama method because it's already pretty warm outside!

I can't say i'm upset for something i tried on a whim!

Yeah. I was able to candle last night because there was no external pip. There was also no internal pip so i gave them until this morning. I made a safety hole and there was no movement, no sound, nothing. Opened up the hole a little more and there was a lot of goosh behind the air sac membrane. No visible beak, no red blood. I nudged the membrane that was over the air sac, no movement, no response. I dont think they ever got positioned.

Oh goodness, SO CUTE! The other 2 died some time during or shortly after lockdown. I am not surprised. I did a lot of things wrong. We will build a better brooder in a week or so.

We'll go get a friend for the little one today or tomorrow :) it's a silver laced wyandotte mixed with a lavender orp, and if feather sexing could work here, i would call it a boy.we are also going to try the heating pad mama method because it's already pretty warm outside!

I can't say i'm upset for something i tried on a whim!

It's sad that the other two died, but OH MY GOODNESS THAT CHICK IS CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I've had one quit right at the same time before, she never was able to break her air cell so she suffocated =(. I wonder what the chick will look like when it grows up? What a pretty mix that should be!

Back
Top Bottom