Unsure on when to put my eggs into lockdown.

LukeBate

Chirping
Nov 2, 2018
England (Southampton)
Hi guys,
I currently have 8 chicken eggs in my incubator. They are on day 9 of incubation and are all fertile and developing as they should be. I am aware that I put my incubator into lock down on day 18 but I didn’t put the eggs into my incubator until 23:30 (England UK Time) on the 24th. What day should I go into lockdown?
All help is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I currently have 8 chicken eggs in my incubator. They are on day 10 of incubation and are all fertile and developing as they should be. I am aware that I put my incubator into lock down on day 18 but I didn’t put the eggs in my incubator until 23:30pm on the 25th. What day should I go into lockdown?
I would start lockdown at 11:30pm on Nov.12 you are just finishing day 8. (not sure of your time zone it's late here)

Hi guys,
I currently have 8 chicken eggs in my incubator. They are on day 10 of incubation and are all fertile and developing as they should be. I am aware that I put my incubator into lock down on day 18 but I didn’t put the eggs in my incubator until 23:30pm on the 25th. What day should I go into lockdown?
It's not that critical. You can put the eggs into lockdown anytime on the 12th or 13th. Some people don't put their eggs into lockdown until they can see that the egg is internally pipped.

Do it before bed on the 12th, or just do it when you wake up on the 13th. You wont jeopardize anything, best of luck on your hatch! :jumpy

I put my lockdown on day 18 at about 5pm of which should have been at 1:30pm however, next day I had 5 to hatch so let's say for all practical purposes while you are gathering you eggs at different times and probably a few days apart... I would most definitely lockdown on day 18.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom