Unsure!!!

CCCluck

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
Hi Guys, I'm new to keeping hens! (only got them yesterday)
A friend of mine was looking to rehome her hens at the same time I was looking to get some.

All 4 are bantams 2 just over a year old (Brown speckly ones) and 2 (lavender) are 3-4 months old. I am however convinced one of the small lavender ones is a cockerel.
I took him anyway as there were 2 other cockerels (much larger ones) in the group she had and this little one is very scared. He is injured seems to be missing a wing! but also looks like its a relatively old injury. The brown hens bully the smaller ones (I assume this is normal until they re-establish the "pecking" order.

The lavender potential "boy" is very timid. Scared of the brown hens, doesn't crow and is about the same size as the other lavender! Is it still possible it a boy? I was told he's a cockerel if he has a red comb and wattle. But the brown hens have these too his however are slightly brighter in colour!

Can anyone help? or give me any advise?

thank you. Its such a shame, i really like him but i cant keep roosters! I will have to rehome him :( but will try to nurse him back to health first!!

I worry that the lavender hen will be lost without him though as they are always together. I will try to replace him with another small hen!

Back
Top Bottom